[linux-lvm] Lost filesystems on LVs (forgot the attachment)

Jean-Eric Cuendet Jean-Eric.Cuendet at linkvest.com
Tue May 15 16:36:45 UTC 2001

> If dumpe2fs shows the superblock, then e2fsck should also
> work.  I assume
> that you ran dumpe2fs AFTER the resize?  Is it possible e2fsck is
> refusing to work on the backups LV because of the large_file flag set?
> What version of e2fsck are you using?  You should update to 1.19 at:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/e2fsprogs/

I have 1.19 version. Here is the output of the fsck:

e2fsck /dev/NORAID_HDX/backups
e2fsck 1.19ea, 30-Aug-2000 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
Group descriptors look bad... trying backup blocks...
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open
/dev/NORAID_HDX/backups

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

[root at fatboy filesrv]#

e2fsck -b 8193 doesn't help...
Any idea?