[linux-lvm] Removing a disk from the system

Torsten Landschoff torsten at pclab.ifg.uni-kiel.de
Mon May 7 12:02:56 UTC 2001

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 04:07:32PM +0000, Heinz J. Mauelshagen wrote:
> > Seems like I should have used vgexport/import in the first time.
>
> Actually not.
> vgscan *should* have cut it.

Thanks, so I did not do anything wrong. Of course given that the data is
still there it seems I was at least careful enough ;)

> It would be rather helpful, if you could provide the VGDA of the problematic
> configuration and the vgscan output with option "-d" in order to investigate
> searching for any bugs better.
>
> In case you are able to reproduce the situation, where vgscan just finds
> one but not both of the VGs, please send that data to me.

Of course that system is again running production and I guess to reproduce
the problem I had to switch disks once again. I guess the real problem
was that /dev/hdb1 became /dev/hda1 after removing the old disk.

I'll try to reproduce the problem at my home machine but I can't promise
anything.

Greetings

	Torsten