[linux-lvm] Patching my kernel.

Rupert Heesom raheesom at navpoint.com
Wed May 9 10:39:31 UTC 2001

On 09 May 2001 08:51:10 +0200, Luca Berra wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 07:11:14PM -0400, Rupert Heesom wrote:
> > I had previously patched the kernel (stock 2.4.3) with the beta 6 patch.
> >
> > Now I'm trying to update to beta 7.  I tried patching the kernel is
> > exactly the same way as before (maybe a mistake).  Most of the output is
> > pasted in here (at the end).  I'm concerned about the prompts I got -
> >
> > "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]"
> are you starting with a clean kernel or with the kernel you previously
> patched with b6?
> the former is the correvt approach,
> the latter....

I was not using a clean kernel.  I'll try that.

BTW, I know there's a way to keep the config from the "used kernel", so
that I don't have to guess the settings again for my system (I made
several config errors last time).  Can you remind me how to migrate the
.config file across to a new source tree?   I'll try & find some docs on
how to do this, but have forgotten where I last read about it.

--
regs
rupert