[linux-lvm] Problems: reiserfs lvm as /

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at uksr.hp.com
Mon May 21 11:16:32 UTC 2001

Hi,

	These messages are similar to the ones I saw building my
/ on LVM system yesterday.  I am using ext2 file systems though.
The default kernel parameter is ramdisk size 4096.  I read the messages
to mean the ramdisk is not large enough.

I fixed it by adding a ramdisk option to the root on lvm entry in lilo.conf
so it looked like this:-

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.2-2-lvm.1
        label=linux-lvm
        initrd=/boot/initrd_from_lvmcreate_initrd
        read-only
        root=/dev/vg00/root
	ramdisk=5120

Could have up the kernel parameter instead I guess.
I have not done testing yet and will give a better account of my
problems and solutions later.

Since lvm was the only module in the ramdisk it may be that a default
ramdisk is not enough.  Perhaps we should add a note to the HOW-TO
for days like this.

JFTR. I'm using RH 7.1 and beta7 LVM.

Tom.