[linux-lvm] The Info You Requested

Ben Lutgens blutgens at sistina.com
Tue May 22 16:35:18 UTC 2001

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 11:29:12AM -0500, John Marquart wrote:
>I by far don't want to replay the schizm that occurred a few weeks ago -
>but if this is such a major nuisance to sistina to manage a little spam

It's not a nuisance to admin the list, but the spam is :-) as is everyone
complaints, I know about the spam and there's no need to send me flame mail
about it (I get on average about 4-5 flames per spam)

>filtering - perhaps we should allow linux-openlvm at mail.nl.linux.org to be
>the lvm mailing list.  they seemed willing and interested in keeping spam
>out of the mailing list - while keeping it open to the public.   Having an
>open list does not mean that the list should be polutted w/ toner adverts
>and long distance specials.

It's not that we are unwilling. But I did warn that this would happen. I will
handle the spam soon, believe me. I hate it to (I get it all after all) And I
purposly do not setup procmail rules for the lists I administer on my local
email spool so that I see if my lists are getting the spam.

I am working on it piecemeal, but I can't dedicate too much time to it right
now. As I said earlier please just hit that "D" key on those nasty mails for
the time being, and bear with me.

--
Ben Lutgens
Sistina Software Inc.