[linux-lvm] Is now: Resizing & LVM shutdown

S. Michael Denton scott at dixie.dyndns.org
Thu May 24 03:46:49 UTC 2001

Yes, the docs say that online ext2 resizing is dangerous, but I think
it's just that the docs haven't been updated in some time :)
I've done several online ext2 resizes (before going to reiser) and they've
all been successful.  The only real danger lies in a crash during a resize
in progress (not a whole lot you can do with ANY filesystem there... just
hope everything is journaled properly and can be recovered).  Personally,
I just ignore the warning that it's 'dangerous' :)