[linux-lvm] Problem createing Logical Volumes

Jeffrey B Layton jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
Thu May 24 16:09:14 UTC 2001

Hello,

   I've got a 2.2.19 with Beta6 kernel. I've got 6 SCSI disks
that I'm trying to setup as logical group and then divide
into logical volumes.
   I've created all the pv's correctly and the vg (vg01). It
says that I have the following:

Total PE: 22396
Free PE: 22396/87.48GB

So I tried to create a 70G logical volume,

lvcreate -i6 -I4 -L70G -nlvol1 -v /dev/vg01

(this corresponds to 17922 PE's). It fails with the following:

not enough allocatble/free physical volume space in "vg01"
please check if physical volumes are allocatable

   I checked all the pv's and they are allocatable. What should
I look at next? I'm kind of stuck.

TIA,

Jeff Layton

Lockheed-Martin