[linux-lvm] lvm root fs + lilo patch: boot problem

SOETE Joël JSO at EUROPAY.COM
Tue May 29 12:50:10 UTC 2001

Hello all,

I still try to work on a full lvm disk config (a la HP) (as many).
(with kernel-2.4.1 + lvm-0.9.1beta6)

In your mailing-list, I find well a patch for lilo.
Nice but the most difficult was to find back the matching sources!
I finally find something near the request. Then compile it and install it on
my scsi disk.
Then try a reboot but LILO just show 'LI' then hang. I also re-install it
but same problem.
Any idea of the source of the problem (Bad patch application? scsi adapter
unsupported?)

I also try to apply the grub-patch after retrieving the source with cvs
But no success? Is any work on this idea?

 Thanks in advance for info,

	Joel

This e-mail and any attachments to it may contain confidential information which is strictly intended for the use of the authorised recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender by replying to this e-mail.
Thank you for your co-operation.