[linux-lvm] root fs on a LVM cause kernel panic

Hi everyone,

I am using LVM 1.0.1-rc4 and Linux 2.4.13.

I read the lvmcreate_initrd man page and followed the instructions to create
the kernel image with LVM support. However, I am unsuccessful to make it
working properly. The system boot and is showing its messages, including the
message about LVM support in the kernel and while it is trying to mount the
root filesystem, I am getting a kernel panic message saying the "root=" stanza
should be provided with a valid device for the root filesystem.

What am I doing wrong? Is there anything missing? Any way to get extra
debugging messages?

--

Daniel Savard

J3G 4J1