[linux-lvm] resize reiserfs

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolabs.com
Thu Nov 22 14:01:01 UTC 2001

On Nov 22, 2001  20:30 +0100, Ulrich Wiederhold wrote:
> I already added the 2nd HD (/dev/hdc1) to the vg store using vgextend
> and extended the lv using lvextend.
>
> Now I need to extend the reiserfs I got on this lv. I seached the web
> and found the resize_reiserfs perl-script, but if I try it, I only get
> this msg:
> $#: ./resize_reiserfs --size +50G --lv /dev/store/data --dry-run
>
>   only 0 free PE's (0 K) left on VG store

It looks like the resize_reiserfs script is trying to do LVM operations
internally, and then doing the resize afterwards.  However, this is
terribly confusing, because the resize_reiserfs _program_ has the same
name.  You should get resize_reiserfs with the other reiserfs tools,
but I'm not sure whether it is compiled and installed by default.

I would suggest just reducing the LV to the original size, or not using
a relative size but an absolute size (so it doesn't try to grow the
LV), and continue to use the script.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger