[linux-lvm] Is lvmcreate_initrd expected to work?

Theo Van Dinter felicity at kluge.net
Thu Nov 29 08:18:01 UTC 2001

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 09:05:08AM +0000, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> Yes it does ignore the issue of kernel modules. It's quite hard for
> lvmcreate_initrd to know just which modules are needed to get the system booted,
> though I suppose it's possible.

It could do the same thing as mkinitrd does by default (approx):
        - check if SCSI drivers are needed (scsi_hostadapter lines in
          modules.conf), if so add them to initrd and make sure to
          preload scsi_mod and sd_mod.
	- check the current lvm configuration, and if any of the pv's are MD
	  devices, pre-load the appropriate raid[0145] module as well (can
	  determine via /proc/mdstat).

Alternatively, options for specifying modules would work too. :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"My spleen is twice the size of a normal human spleen.  This isn't