[linux-lvm] lvcreate: no such device or address

Anthony Johnson anthony at storix.com
Fri Oct 12 22:46:46 UTC 2001

# lvcreate -d -l1 -n testlv1 uservg
<1> lv_create_node -- LEAVING with ret: 0
<1> lvm_error -- CALLED with: 6
<1> lvm_error -- LEAVING with: "No such device or address"
lvcreate -- ERROR "No such device or address" opening "/dev/uservg/testlv1"

After running this command, the node /dev/uservg/testlv1 was created in the
directory but vgdisplay -v still shows there are no LVs in uservg. Tried
this on different VGs, using different PE sizes, lvnames, etc with same results.

I have 1.0.1-rc2 and recompiled without the optimizer since I was also getting the core dumps from lvcreate previously.