[linux-lvm] read_intr errors

Erick Calder e at arix.com
Wed Oct 17 20:08:30 UTC 2001

Patrick,

> I'm afraid they look a lot like hardware errors to me. It might just be
that it
> doesn't like MULTI_MODE though. I'm not an IDE expert.

I turned MULTI_MODE on at a suggestion aimed to fix these very problems...
they certainly are hardware errors but as we know anecdotally from other
postings, the hardware can be perfectly ok and the errors still persist.  as
my drive is brand new and I had no such errors before installing a PV on it,
it seems reasonable to think it's not the drive.

is my data at risk of corruption?  I've slowly been checking the integrity
of files but I'm concerned about backing up bad data!