[linux-lvm] replace bad hard disc

Ulrich Wiederhold U.Wiederhold at gmx.net
Thu Oct 18 20:23:17 UTC 2001

* Markus Dobel <mdobel at kawo2.rwth-aachen.de> [011018 11:53]:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 11:39:54AM +0200, Stefan Onken wrote:
> >
> > > pvcreate /dev/sde1
> > > vgextend Stonki2 /dev/sde1
> > > pvmove /dev/sdd1 /dev/sde1
> > > vgreduce Stonki2 /dev/sdd1
> >
> > stupid question: what about resizing the reiserfs file system ?
> > Is it not necessary ?

Oh, but this means in my example I will have to lower the filesystem
(xfs), because I will remove a hd and added all my scace to the vg and
lv´s, right?
Is it possible to lower an xfs.filesystem to remove a HD or is it
possible to remove a HD without resizing (no mount now), add a new
bigger HD, grow the filesystem, mount it?

Uli
--
'The box said, 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so i installed Linux - TKK 5