Re: [linux-lvm] Debian apt-get link problem

^chewie(chewie wookimus net) is reported to have said:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 02:12:59PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > >   I just tried the link
> > > ( deb ftp://ftp.sistina.com/pub/LVM/binaries/debian unstable main )
>
> I hate to state the obvious, but apt does not Debian make.  Try
> manually downloading the *.deb files and installing them manually with
> dpkg -i <pkg.deb>.

Thanks.  Yes that is what I did do, but when both the docs had the
apt-get sources address, which didn't work, I thought I was doing
something wrong.  I don't rely on .deb files, just use apt-get when
there are files available.

Happily running the latest version of LVM, without having used
apt-get.

egards

Wayne
--