[linux-lvm] Re: Problem with vgscan "only found 626 of 625 LEs for LV"

Tomas Edwardsson tommi at tommi.org
Tue Sep 11 11:30:54 UTC 2001

I had already tried the vgcfgrestore, it didn't seem to help but I discovered
that the UUID for one of my PVs was missing so I ran the uuid-fixer and now
they all have UUIDs again (don't know if that is relevant).

I have run the pvdata on all my PVs although I think the right one is the
following file run with pvdata -avP /dev/hdd1:
  http://vefur.hp.is/lvm/pvdata-hdd1.txt

I also documented a few more commands:

  pvdata -avP /dev/hdb2,	http://vefur.hp.is/lvm/pvdata-hdb2.txt
  pvdata -avP /dev/hdc2,	http://vefur.hp.is/lvm/pvdata-hdc2.txt