Re: [linux-lvm] LVM

Mandrake 8 use lilo 21.7 - it should be working

Andreas Dilger wrote:

On Sep 12, 2001 15:41 -0700, IT3 Stuart B. Tener, USNR-R wrote:

I am curious what version of lilo in fact supports ReiserFS tails. I am running Mandrake 8.0, and using the lilo supplied therewith, and have been booting a / partition as ReiserFS (with tails I believe, how do I check?).

At least version 21.6+ support reiserfs tails (maybe earlier, I don't know). You should be able to verify with "strings /sbin/lilo | grep -i reiserfs". What it does is unpack the tail on any kernel/initrd files so that LILO can map the blocks directly. In a way, it is strange that this is needed, since I thought tails only applied to files < 64kB or similar...

Cheers, Andreas