[linux-lvm] changing LE / PE table

Hello,

As I already said, my volume group is not accessible because of a crash
while trying to extend a logical volume. 'vgscan' says 'only found 768 of
769 LEs for LV /dev/vg00/lvol1' and does not find my volume group.
I have not been able to restore the backups with _any_ version of LVM.
So now I am wondering if it is possible to change the 'LE' table while the
volume group is offline.
Is there?

--
Julian Glashoff