Re: [linux-lvm] Lock Patch

i've forgoten

you saying that typing, "make" in the "PATCHES" directory will cause a patch to be generated specifically for my kernel?

thats actually the work of ./configure it trys to find out what you have, and what you need
in PATCHES it chooses from all the patches the ones your kernel need ,
and " make " put them together in one patch for your kernel

What name will it be given?
       The documentation says to add a dash dash kernel-dir= or something or other after the "./configure" command, are you saying it is better to use "./configure" absent that appended statement?
        Where do I untar the LVM source? Does it matter where I do so? May I do it in /tmp?

1