[linux-lvm] Known Issues with FreeBSD Slices on Disks?

Eike Bernhardt eike at unorganized.net
Mon Apr 8 12:30:02 UTC 2002

Hello!

On Mon Apr  8 16:26:41 2002 CEST Patrick Caulfield wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 07:29:34PM +0200, Eike Bernhardt wrote:
> > Are there any known Problems when you want to use a Partition from a
> > Disk also containg a FreeBSD Slice as a PV?
>
> I doubt it's to do with FreeBSD slices - I have tried LVM on disks with all
> sorts of partition schemes. That error does sound familar though.

Hm, I have no Idea why, but if I create a second VG which only consists
of /dev/hda4, there are no problems creating and using a LV in this VG.

http://134.106.120.23/lvm/lvm-create-second-vg.log.gz contains a log of
doing this.

Since this worked, I vgremove'd the newly created VG, and tried
extending my already existing VG with the now unused PV. But .. same
problem as before:
lvcreate -- ERROR "Operation not permitted" opening logical volume "/dev/pile/test"

A log of this operation is avaliable at
http://134.106.120.23/lvm/lvm-remove-and-readd.log.gz

If you need different/more Information, please tell me.

Thanks, Eike!
--
Eike Bernhardt              http://unorganized.net/                ICQ: 11256658
"I'm a mean green Mother from Outer Space"