[linux-lvm] Error compilng tools on RH7.3

Tim tim at connectlive.com
Fri Apr 26 17:00:02 UTC 2002

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 04:27:37PM -0500, Eric M. Hopper wrote:
> > That answer is quite off-putting, and makes me seriously consider
> > whether or not I want to use LVM on my RH systems.
>
> I run a vanilla kernel w/o any patches and LVM performs just fine for my
> needs.

I run a patched (for Symbios 22910 dual-channel Ultra3LVD/SE drivers)
2.4.13 RedHat kernel with LVM patches as well.  It works great.  If I
need support, I pay for it, and I have purchased exactly one hour from
Heinz.  It was well worth it.

I do not expect Heinz and the Sistina guys, who do not work at Red Hat,
to keep up with the patches and testing that the other company does.  If
you want Red Hat support, you can obtain it from Red Hat; if you want
Sistina LVM (custom configurations) support, they request that you pay
Sistina.  That is not unreasonable.  Someone has to pay the salaries!

If you do not want to pay for support you need to be able to do it
yourself, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

--
    "The Internet, of course, is more than a place to find
     pictures of people having sex with dogs."
        --Philip Elmer-Dewitt, Time Magazine, July 3, 1995