[linux-lvm] vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): current PV" can't get data of volume group

d.levitin at gmx.de d.levitin at gmx.de
Sun Aug 4 05:41:01 UTC 2002

We should simply take an example:
a VG vg00 resides on 10 PVs (sda...sdj) and has 4 LVs in it: lvol1...lvol4.
Only lvol4 resides on sdaj and sdi, and they become unavailable. For the
other LVs in the vg00 are all PVs still OK, so I should be able to use them, such
as HP-UX or Veritas Volume Manages do. Indeed I have now a situation, that
the entire vg00 ist not available!

Help! (F1! F1!  ;-))  )

Dmitri

http://www.gmx.net