[linux-lvm] applications not working with lvm

Ben Snyder ben at jumpline.com
Mon Aug 12 13:09:01 UTC 2002

Has anyone had any problems with any applications working on a
filesystem, where that filesystem was on a logical volume?

I've got an application that simply wont work (sorry, dont want to give
too many details).  It creates very large quantities of hard links,
binds a local directory to /proc, creates local files to represent block
devices and FIFO files.  All of this is in order to create a virtual
server for users.  I've tried to do many of these operations manually,
with perfect success, although I'm not trying to perform them on the
same scale at the same speed as the hosting software.

Is there anything unusual about LVM and it's interaction with these
special files?

Thanks in advance for your replies/feedback.