Re: [linux-lvm] moving single LVM disk from one system to another

On Sat, Aug 17 '02 at 03:09, lvm interlinx bc ca wrote:
> My workstation died (the MB, not the disk).  :-(
> [ ... ]
> On the dead machine, where the disk was built and last running, the
> disk was device /dev/hde on a Promise ATA100 bus.  I want to move it
> to another (working) machine on the primary ATA bus so it will be
> /dev/hda.
Just a poke in the dark, but maybe your kernel get's the disks CHS
information wrong on bootup. But hopefully you can force this on the
mobo's BIOS.
--
Goetz Bock       (c) 2002 as     blacknet.de - Munich - Germany   /"\
IT Consultant    GNU FDL 1.1    secure mobile Linux everNETting   \ /