[linux-lvm] moving single LVM disk from one system to another

lvm at interlinx.bc.ca lvm at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Aug 19 04:03:01 UTC 2002

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 10:24:27AM +0200, Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:

> Is that with our without devfs?

Interesting you should ask.  :-)

> Have you checked, that device nodes are in your initrd for vgscan to be able
> to access them fine?

I am/was (for the past hour or two) just hunting this possibility
down.  I have the system currently booting from a tftp server (via an
etherboot diskette) so that I can shorten the cycle of "modify initrd
with more debugging and re-test".  I am just about to put some
debugging into the native hard disk booting initrd to see what disk
nodes are there and such.

The kernel is being booted with "devfs=mount", so they should be
there.  I should know in a few more minutes what is going on.

> Does vgscan fail finding your VG our is it just wrong entries in /etc/fstab
> failing your root mount?

vgscan fails to find the VG.  I am sure this is going to turn out to
be missing device nodes, but will have figure out why that is if devfs
is being mounted.

Will keep ya posted.

b.

--