Re: [linux-lvm] moving single LVM disk from one system to another

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 10:24:27AM +0200, Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:
> Is that with our without devfs?

Interesting you should ask.  :-)

> Have you checked, that device nodes are in your initrd for vgscan to be able
> to access them fine?

I am/was (for the past hour or two) just hunting this possibility
down.  I have the system currently booting from a tftp server (via an
etherboot diskette) so that I can shorten the cycle of "modify initrd
with more debugging and re-test".  I am just about to put some
debugging into the native hard disk booting initrd to see what disk
nodes are there and such.

The kernel is being booted with "devfs=mount", so they should be
there.  I should know in a few more minutes what is going on.

> Does vgscan fail finding your VG our is it just wrong entries in /etc/fstab
> failing your root mount?

vgscan fails to find the VG.  I am sure this is going to turn out to
be missing device nodes, but will have figure out why that is if devfs
is being mounted.

Will keep ya posted.

Brian J. Murrell