[linux-lvm] moving single LVM disk from one system to another

lvm at interlinx.bc.ca lvm at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Aug 19 05:05:01 UTC 2002

OK.  To update:  it would seem that for whatever reason, devfs _is_
being mounted (cat /proc/mounts shows devfs on /dev and .devfsd is in
/dev) but there are no device nodes under
/dev/ide/host0/bus[01]/target0/.  Strange.  But that explains why
vgscan could not find the VG.

The ide devices are seen by the kernel.  /proc/ide/hd?/model shows the
disk and CD R/W devices.  /proc/partitions is empty however.  Very
strange.  I will have to dig in and figure out why this is.  All and
any theories are welcome.  :-)

But the long and short of my problem is that it's not an LVM problem.
Not directly anyway.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell