Re: [linux-lvm] Strange behaviour on a SuSE8.0 with LVM

Hello,

thank you for the quick response.
What runied my fs is nit yet known to me. The disk is ok, but now I know, which programm causes the ioctl - it is badblocks from e2fstool Version 1.26

This is an ioctl command not supported by the LVM driver.
Check which tool is run so rapidly and you know who causes it.

Hmmm...

You didn't mention when the FS was fully checked successfully last time.
If there was no other device errors after that check, it got probably toasted
by VM or FS bugs.

I was lucky, the machine was freshly installed and ran just a few days, but the home-dir was totally gone. Since home is on a logical volume I wondered if it could be a problem. But since LVM 0.9.x I am using it and never had problems.

Thank you !

Andreas