Re: [linux-lvm] vg_read_with_pv_and_lv error

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 10:32:52AM +0200, Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:
> Have you tried uuid_fixer from ftp://ftp.sistina.com/pub/LVM/contrib/ in
> case it was a missing PV-UUID in the PV-UUID list yet ?

Yes, and I think it has the right idea. The only problem is that it
has too many consistency checks, which I know for a fact that my
scenario will fail upon.

Since I've already practically lost my data, there is probably no
extra risk in disabling those checks and forcing it to do the
modificiation. Working off a dd'd image of the hd via a loopback
device minimizes any further data loss anyways.

> People make backups! ;-)

Yeah.. uhm. That *WAS* the backup :)

Atleast I won't be making this mistake again..

--
Adam McDaniel
Array Networks