[linux-lvm] LVM and its alternatives

Joubert, Kevin Kevin.Joubert at hp.com
Thu Aug 29 13:04:01 UTC 2002

Hello,

I am brand new to this list and to LVM as well. I am currently putting
together a talk about what can and can't be done today in the "Linux
SAN" world, and apparently LVM from Sistina is the de facto standard for
volume management.

However, in order to provide a COMPLETE overview of the situation in the
Linux SAN arena, I was wondering if there are any other alternatives,
either proprietary or opensource, that can accomplish some, if not all,
of the same things the Sistina's LVM provides.

This is just an attempt to be thorough in my research, so please, don't
think I am bashing Sistina's product.

Any input is greatly appreciated,

Kevin Joubert
North American Customer Support Center