[linux-lvm] compile error with lvm_1.1-rc2

Frank Joerdens frank at joerdens.de
Sat Aug 31 13:17:31 UTC 2002

These are the errors I get:

In file included from basename.c:36:
../../tools/lib/liblvm.h:61: linux/autoconf.h: No such file or directory

and

In file included from ../tools/lvm_user.h:47,
                 from e2fsadm.c:60:
../tools/lib/liblvm.h:61: linux/autoconf.h: No such file or directory

My kernel sources are in the default location /usr/src/linux and I also
tried to explicitly give this path to configure with

./configure --with-kernel_dir=/usr/src/linux

I am using 2.4.18 with Reiser and quota patches . . . and I apparently
need this LVM version because I ran into the pvmove issue trying to move
~30GB of stuff:

imedes:~ # pvmove /dev/sdc1 /dev/hdd
pvmove -- moving physical extents in active volume group "funkadelic"
pvmove -- WARNING: if you lose power during the move you may need to
restore your LVM metadata from backup!
pvmove -- do you want to continue? [y/n] y
pvmove -- ERROR "Invalid argument" remapping

pvmove -- ERROR "pv_move(): LE of LV remap" pv_move_pe

pvmove -- ERROR "pv_move(): LE of LV remap" moving physical extents

weirdly, I've got exactly one PE allocated left on this PV:

limedes:~ # pvdisplay /dev/sdc1
--- Physical volume ---
PV Name               /dev/sdc1
VG Name               funkadelic
PV Size               30.64 GB / NOT usable 944 KB [LVM: 151 KB]
PV#                   1
PV Status             available
Allocatable           yes
Cur LV                1
PE Size (KByte)       4096
Total PE              7844
Free PE               7843
Allocated PE          1
PV UUID               mPFcyy-wTUk-X3OI-fczK-XzHN-lkdF-nDrH3q

what I didn't understand either was whether the kernel needed to be
patched as well to get the cast fix for the llseek function?

Regards, Frank