[linux-lvm] lvm2 debian packages

Andres Salomon dilinger at mp3revolution.net
Thu Feb 21 03:14:02 UTC 2002

I've built experimental lvm2 debian packages.  There are a few kinks to
work out, but they work for the most part (I'm using them now on a
server).

Add the following to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://incandescent.mp3revolution.net/lvm2 ./
deb-src http://incandescent.mp3revolution.net/lvm2 ./

Run the following:
apt-get update && apt-get install lvm2 kernel-patch-device-mapper;

Patch your linux-2.4.1[67] kernel w/
/usr/src/kernel-patches/all/device-mapper/linux-2.4.1[67]-devmapper-ioctl.patch.gz,
make config, enabled device mapper, compile and install.  If built as a
module, /etc/init.d/lvm2 start will modprobe it in.

Comments welcome.  I've also committed these to cvs HEAD, so feel free
to check out device-mapper/LVM2 and build yourself.

Additional packages include libdevmapper, libdevmapper-dev, and dmsetup.

--
"I think a lot of the basis of the open source movement comes from
  procrastinating students..."