[linux-lvm] Rescue cd for lvm 1.0.3

William Blunn bill at tao-group.com
Tue Feb 26 05:08:01 UTC 2002

> not really a lvm problem, but after moving my system to boot from an
> root-lvm, my lilo stops with the LI error. I think, rewriting the lilo
> could help, but how can I access my system datas?

"boot from an root-lvm" ... sounds dodgy to me.

You can have the *root* filesystem "/" on an LVM volume.

However the *boot* filesystem should be /boot, which should be a small
ext2 partition mounted directly on a partition.

Bill
William H. Blunn - bill+linuxlvm at tao-group.com
Tao
62/63 Suttons Business Park, Earley, READING, RG6 1AZ, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 118 901 2999 - Fax: +44 118 901 2963 - http://tao-group.com/