[linux-lvm] Rescue cd for lvm 1.0.3 (fwd)

Yves Alloyer Yves.ALLOYER at slpinfoware.com
Wed Feb 27 03:29:01 UTC 2002

IMHO this only applies to stock lilo as found in most current and all older
distros.
I have a recent and patched version of lilo that does recognize LVM.
My vgroot (with /, /var /tmp, /boot, etc.) is in LVM. It's all reiserfs.
It's
running over software raid (mirroring of course).
Works like a charm. As a special measure, though I don't know if I still
need that (anybody?),
I take care of having /boot and / in low numbered PEs.
Works like a charm so far... many thanks to you guys out there.
<OT>I also have autofs, nisplus (client). The result is a box with an easy
administer enterprise grade OS. Just love it.</OT>

(snip...)