[linux-lvm] Cluster LVM

Remco Post r.post at sara.nl
Wed Feb 27 05:45:02 UTC 2002

Hi,

clusters all have one major problem to solve: split brain. Make sure that the
node manipulating the LV/VG does indeed have the right to do so, and doesn't
screw up everything for everybody. Maybe introduce a (LV/VG) master concept
into the VG, so as long as that is set, no other node in the cluster will
manipulate anything in the vg. (just some random rant, ignore if I'm talking
nonsense ;)