[linux-lvm] Unable to get XFS, ext3, reiserfs & LVM to coexist happily

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolabs.com
Wed Jan 2 12:03:01 UTC 2002

On Jan 02, 2002  13:51 +1000, Adrian Head wrote:

> 2.4.17-xfs
>  + lvm-1.0.1 upgrade
>  (with LVM_VFS_ENHANCEMENT)
> While source volume mounted:
> * Can create ext3 snapshot?			| Cannot test
> * Can mount a ext3 snapshot?			| Cannot test
> * Can create resierfs snapshot?			| Cannot test
> undefined reference to `fsync_dev_lockfs'
> undefined reference to `unlockfs'

Note that you need to apply the VFS-lock patch AFTER the lvm-1.0.1 upgrade
patch, otherwise that patch will reverse the VFS-lock patch!

> When source & snapshot mounted:
> * Cause oops when snapshot overflows?	|
>  - ext3						| Oops
>  btp 5 (bdflush)

You should try ext3 from 2.4.18, or get it from the ext3 CVS (at
cvs.gkernel.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gkernel ext3).  It has fixes
for a number of problems caused by error conditions while running.
If there is still a problem with ext3 oopsing with a full snapshot
(which is essentially an oops because of an I/O error on the disk)
then please file a separate bug report to the ext3 developers
(ext2-devel at lists.sourceforge.net).

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger