[linux-lvm] char/block raw devices

José Luis Domingo López jdomingo at internautas.org
Wed Jan 2 17:10:02 UTC 2002

On Wednesday, 02 January 2002, at 10:15:28 +0200,
Yaniv Gueta wrote:

> i recently installed lvm 1.0.1-rc4 on kernel 2.4.7-10
> but i didnt understand how to create a char raw device
> is there any howto ?

raw devices are not LVM specific as far as I know. There is a utility
called "raw" that is used to bind block devices to raw devices.

More information, man raw (package util-linux under in Debian).

--
José Luis Domingo López
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Woody (P166 64 MB RAM)

jdomingo AT internautas DOT   org  => Spam at your own risk