[linux-lvm] xfs quota on lvm

Christophe Zwecker doc at zwecker.de
Wed Jan 16 04:06:02 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 08:15, Nathan Scott wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 05:12:28PM +0100, Christophe Zwecker wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Ive got alle volumes on linux RH with xfs and all except /  "lvmed".
> >
> > I got quota enabled in kernel, xfs quota support too. Quota is enabled
> > at mount. However when I do eduota -u user, I get only to change numbers
> > on the nonlvm partition.
> >
> > Is quota nonfunctional on lvm partitions ?
> >

> Should work fine.  What does "repquota -vug /dev/XXX" give you
> on the LVM devices when the filesystems are mounted?  (this'll
> tell you whether quota is enabled at all on these devices).
> If they are indeed enabled ("Accounting: ON; Enforcement: ON"
> will be in the output) then try "strace setquota ..." to try
> to diagnose further (look for quotactl syscalls).  setquota is
> better than edquota for diagnosis because its not interactive,
> but it interacts with the kernel in much the same way.

I get this:

[root at bender /root]# repquota -vug /dev/bender/home
Not all specified mountpoints are using quota.

I got it like this in fstab:
/dev/bender/home        /home                   xfs
defaults,usrquota,grpquota	  1 2

/dev/sda2 works tho, its not lvm and as this in fstab:
/dev/sda2               /                       xfs
defaults,usrquota,grpquota        1 1

while booting I can see this:
XFS mounting filesystem sd(8,2)
XFS: WARNING: quotacheck required on readonly filesystem.
XFS: write access will be enabled during mount.
XFS quotacheck sd(8,2): Please wait.
XFS quotacheck sd(8,2): Done.
VFS: Mounted root (xfs filesystem) readonly.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 316k freed
XFS mounting filesystem lvm(58,1)
XFS quotacheck lvm(58,1): Please wait.
XFS quotacheck lvm(58,1): Done.
XFS mounting filesystem lvm(58,2)