[linux-lvm] ERROR "parameter error" setting up snapshot copy on write exception table

Emanuel Quass emanuel.quass at temic.com
Sun Jan 20 11:41:01 UTC 2002

Hi

I had a very strange error on our Linux-server! Maybe someone can help me because it's our production server.
I rebooted the Server and afterwards  I had an error like:

vgchange -- ERROR "parameter error" setting up snapshot copy on write exception table for "/dev/datenvg/mailsnap"

I use a 2.4.17 kernel with lvm-1.0.1 I just upgraded from 2.4.9 with "LVM version 1.0.1-rc2(30/08/2001)" (thats whats written inside the module)

There are 2 logical columes inside "/dev/datenvg" 1. daten 2. mail and of the second lv I made a snapshot.
After the reboot ..... (see above)

Is there a chance of getting the data back?

Thanks in advance

	Emanuel Quass