[linux-lvm] LVM causing IO contention or slowdown?

Austin Gonyou austin at coremetrics.com
Sun Jan 20 23:55:02 UTC 2002

Thanks for the info Steve. The biggest part about this was that just
putting the HW RAID0 under LVM control caused a major slowdown. Even if
it is from 100MB/s to 80MB/s. I really expect none, or just a small
amount. e.g. from 100MB/s to 95MB/s, not 80MB/s or less.

It was just very relieving to see that even though I was using LVM, if I
added logbufs=8 to my mount line for a given filesystem it certainly
relieved MUCH contention. I just wish I knew why LVM was dogging it so
bad.