[linux-lvm] Partitions on same Drive

Rene Schumann Rene at athome.dyndns.org
Mon Jan 21 14:42:02 UTC 2002

Hello!

I have a Problem and hope someone here can help me.
I have 2 Partitions on a drive.

[root at desktop root]# fdisk -l /dev/sdb

Festplatte /dev/sdb: 255 Köpfe, 63 Sektoren, 9730 Zylinder
Einheiten: Zylinder mit 16065 * 512 Bytes

    Gerät Booten  Anfang      Ende   Blöcke   ID  Dateisystemtyp
/dev/sdb1             1      4462  35840983+   c  Win95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/sdb2          4463      9730  42315210   8e  Linux LVM

I want to delete sdb1 vfat partition and use it as LVM space.
If i do a "pvcreate vg01 /dev/sdb1" it is ugly for performance because
there are 2 LVM Partions at one drive.
right?
If i do lvm partition on sdb1 and do a pvmove,
Can i resize sdb1 to fit the whole drive and after that lvm use this
full space?

thx you
mfg
Rene