Re: [linux-lvm] LVM2 modifies the buffer_head struct?

On 2002-07-02 14:17:02, Joe wrote:

This is a horrible hack to get around the fact that ext3 uses the
b_private field for its own purposes after the buffer_head has been
handed to the block layer (it doesn't just use b_private when in the
b_end_io function).  Is this acceptable behaviour ?  Other > filesystems
do not have similar problems as far as I know.

Under what conditions does ext3 exhibit this behaviour? In EVMS, we have been stacking the b_private field (for many months), and have not seen any problems or have had any problems reported with ext3.

Mark