[linux-lvm] Extending an LVM-Partition

Hi,

I read the "RAID extension" thread. I have a similiar problem but
without RAID:

I have a hard disk with an setup like that

/dev/hda1	Linux LVM
/dev/hda2	ext2

I want to remove the hda2 partition and use the free space for LVM. I
read in the HOWTO (or was it some FAQ) that 2 or more PV's on one hard
disk are not a good idea. So I am searching for a way, to extend the LVM
partition easily.

Or I ask for an "you can just add the PV hda2 and it does not matter, if
there is another PV on this disk" advice.

Kai