[E.Kowallik at tu-bs.de: [linux-lvm] lvm and raw devices (with Oracle 9 RAC)]

Eike Kowallik E.Kowallik at tu-bs.de
Fri Jul 19 14:31:02 UTC 2002

Hello!

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 11:30:00AM +0200, Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 07:51:15PM +0200, Eike Kowallik wrote:

> > Hmm...  nobody can give me a hint? Are my problems and my questions
> > so strange??
>
> No, it is because we are all at the beach ;-)

Oh, sorry, I didn't know... ;-)

> You are using a rather old LVM version. In case you can afford an upgrade
> to LVM 1, your problem will be gone.

Yes, now the following command works here without any problems! :-))

> # raw -qa
> /dev/raw/raw1:  bound to major 58, minor 0
> dd if=/dev/raw/raw1 of=/dev/null bs=512 count=10
> 10+0 records in
> 10+0 records out

Before I wrote my first email to this list I had read the CHANGELOG,
because I hadn't found any hint for my problem. Now, knowing the
solution, I would like to understand the problem - a little bit. ;-)
Which fix made the above command work?

Of course, this isn't a real important thing...

> Heinz    -- The LVM Guy --

Thanks a lot, Heinz! Bye, Eike