Re: [linux-lvm] LVM 1.03 root file system on Redhat 7.3]

On 30 May 2002 at 20:23, Daniel Savard wrote:

>  Although I am using lilo, I suppose it is the same problem I
>  encountered.
> If you already use this naming scheme, I suggest you post you GRUB
> configuration file, in order to help us understand how things are
> configured.

Here is my grub.conf. I regret that my experience with linux, indeed
any form of unix, is somewhat limited.  For obvious reasons the lvm
boot load is not the default.  I have made alterations to rc.sysinit to
properly call lvm-mod when the kernel loads and to the shutdown
script to run vgchange -an.  RedHat's provided rc.sysint has a
dependency on /proc/lvm which cannot be satisfied until after lvm-
mod loads, a rather curious chicken and egg problem.

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to
this
file
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda3
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
password --md5 $1$ÖüúSòäZu$AgP2aFa3WBiVGu2BKOY5G1
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.18-4)
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-4 ro root=/dev/hda3
	initrd /initrd-2.4.18-4.img
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.18-4) lvm root file system
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-4 ro ramdisk_size=8192
root=/dev/vg00/lv01
	initrd /initrd-lvm-2.4.18-4.gz
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.18-3)
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-3 ro root=/dev/hda3
	initrd /initrd-2.4.18-3.img
---     e-mail is NOT a secure channel
James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB Harte-Lyne ca
Canada  L8E 3C3