[linux-lvm] Recovering inconsistent vg

Shane Wegner shane at cm.nu
Tue Jun 4 19:38:02 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I'm not sure how this happened but after rebooting, I am
getting the following from vgscan.
continuum:~# vgscan
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a
while...)
vgscan -- found inactive volume group "vg0"
vgscan -- ERROR "lv_check_consistency(): LV status" volume
group "vg0" is inconsistent
vgscan -- ERROR: unable to do a backup of volume group
"vg0"
vgscan -- ERROR "lvm_tab_vg_remove(): unlink" removing
volume group "vg0" from "/etc/lvmtab"
vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully
created
vgscan -- WARNING: This program does not do a VGDA backup
of your volume group

I have no idea what this means, what I can do to recover
and am hoping someone could help me out.  A pvscan yeilds:

continuum:~# pvscan
pvscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a
while...)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hdi1"  is associated to unknown
VG "vg0" (run vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hde1"  is associated to unknown
VG "vg0" (run vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hda1"  is associated to unknown
VG "vg0" (run vgscan)
pvscan -- total: 3 [215.74 GB] / in use: 3 [215.74 GB] / in
no VG: 0 [0]

Looks right to me.  vg0 is hda1, hde1, and hdi1.

Thanks in advance,
Shane