[linux-lvm] System Suggestions

Theo Van Dinter felicity at kluge.net
Wed Mar 6 15:57:01 UTC 2002

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 04:45:21PM -0500, Anthony W. Marino wrote:
> I should then hope to find all I need in my 2.4.18 kernel to pull this off
> (3Ware/XFS/LVM)?  What RAID/LVM config do you recommend to minimize write
> issues with RAID 5?

If you have a vanilla 2.4.18 kernel, you definately won't have XFS built in,
and I don't think you'll have the latest LVM code built-in (although I'm sure
someone will correct me on this if I'm wrong ...)

The kernel and a lot of patches later, and you should be all set. :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Probability ratio 1:1.  We have achieved normality.  Whatever you can't