[linux-lvm] System Suggestions

José Luis Domingo López jdomingo at internautas.org
Wed Mar 6 16:37:02 UTC 2002

On Wednesday, 06 March 2002, at 15:56:06 -0600,
Kirby C. Bohling wrote:

> It's my understanding that the patches for XFS are pretty invasive
> and that the latest XFS patches won't apply to the RedHat kernel because RH
> has a different VM from the mainline kernel after 2.4.9 and XFS has lots
> of VM dependencies in it.  That is me just summarizing what I have heard
> on other mailings lists, never used XFS myself.  I thought SGI kept a
> version of a RedHat derived distro ISO  that would work with XFS that
> was relatively recent like RH 7.0 based or 7.1 based.  I can't remember
> the link off hand.

Just for everyone's information, Andrea Arcangeli's kernel patches for
2.4.x series include XFS since at least version 2.4.18-rc4aa1 (what I am
running now, fine so far). This -aa branch is said to be both stable and
fast on the VM side, and could be interesting to give it a try.

Greetings.

--
José Luis Domingo López
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Woody (Linux 2.4.18-rc4aa1)

jdomingo AT internautas DOT org   =>  Spam at your own risk