[linux-lvm] "logical volume manager already locked"

Kenneth J Baker bakerkj at umich.edu
Mon Mar 18 19:11:01 UTC 2002

Hi I've been using lvm on redhat 6.2 with kernel 2.4.5 for a long time.  I
just switched to debian with kernel 2.4.18.  Everything has been working
fine for a week or so.  Debian runs a cron job that runs lvmsadc every so
often.  Now lvmsadc now produces the following error:
deedee:/var# lvmsadc -v
	lvmsadc -- finding all volume group(s)
	lvmsadc -- checking for found volume groups
	1016499384
	lvmsadc -- locking logical volume manager
	lvmsadc -- locking logical volume manager
	lvmsadc -- logical volume manager already locked

I have not been able figure out why this happens, or any explaination for
exactly what this error message means.  Can anyone explain what is wrong?
How I can fix it?  Please let me know if I can provide any other helpful
information.

Thanks for your help,
Ken