[linux-lvm] Troubles

Przemek Sobieski sobol at sobol.org
Sat Mar 23 18:18:02 UTC 2002

Hello
I added new hard drive to my system. Then i maked lvm partition.
then pvcreate /dev/hdg1 ... and then vgextend blam /dev/hdg1 and then
lvextend -l+7851 /dev/blam/blam .And then i deleted with fdisk lvm
partition on hdg and reboot machine. Now i get:

vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): current PV" can't get data of volume
group "blam" from physical volume(s)
vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully created
vgscan -- WARNING: This program does not do a VGDA backup of your volume
group

then my /dev/blam/blam gone. Now i want restore my lvm. How i can fix that
? Please help.
				SoboL
				ps1. dont ask why i deleted it :>