[linux-lvm] VG lost, VG restorable without lvmconf? Need help!

Marco Krohn marco.krohn at gmx.de
Thu Mar 28 07:45:02 UTC 2002

> On Wednesday 27 March 2002 21:40, you wrote:

> Are your disks Maxtor ?

no and yes :)
hda is IBM (30 GB)
hdb is a Maxtor 61,4 GB / 5400

> This is what I did to recover :
> 1. Installed backups of vgconf-files (vgcfgbackup/recover seems
broken too)

I am afraid that I have no current backups of these files if backups at
all :-(

Is there no way to recover this data from the PVs? I found several
threads about lost VGs, but no situation that fitted exactly to my case.
Is there anything I can at least try to get the data back?

Best regards from sunny Hannover (Germany),

   Marco

P.S. is it possible that the mailing list information on
http://linux.msede.com/lvm_mlist/index.html
is partially outdated? Ths subscribe procedure did not work for me
and also linux-lvm-approval at msede.com also seems not to work.

http://www.gmx.net